Enterprise resource planning (ERP) software is the new buzzword in the corporate arena – small businesses all over the globe have immensely benefitted by implementing this wondrous tool! Getting an ERP software system for your organization is the best way to pump up productivity, drive operational efficiency, streamline processes, and decrease functional costs.
Investing in an ERP platform is however surely not an easy decision – all top managers have to get onboard the idea and careful research has to be undertaken so as to get the best software suite in the market. Many important factors have to be kept in mind while selecting a top-class ERP software solution. Here are some vital things that should definitely not be ignored while selecting an ERP software system for your company:
- Cost – There is no doubt that cost is a huge factor that has to be considered so that the ERP does not overshoot the projected budget. It is important to understand the goals or functional objectives of the ERP software and calculate an estimated return-on-investment before taking a final decision. It is important to strike a balance between price and value – your ERP software suite is a long-term investment that should help to achieve all business goals in an efficient manner! So make sure to keep the overall pricing of your ERP system as a vital factor, and choose the most cost-effective vendor for your ERP software purchase!
- Superior Functionality- ERP software is a multi-dimensional tool that provides apex support for all business functions such as accounting, finance, human resource, and marketing – it can escalate your business fortunes to great heights instantly! It is super critical that your ERP software system has great functionality so that it can drive instant success for your company. It should have top-notch features, structure work processes, and have advanced capabilities that propel better output/yield for your organization. Your ERP solution needs to model the best business practices for the concerned industry, which will definitely go a long way in increasing bottom line profits.
- Company Size and Reputation – While the most important aspect of choosing an ERP software platform is that it should boost functional efficiency, it is also equally critical to check the company size and image as well. Conduct a thorough background check on the reviews of past clients, annual revenue, and number of company locations before deciding on your ERP software service provider. There should also be the provision of full time support and help from company representatives so that any kind of problems can be solved without any wastage of time. So make sure to carry out a well-researched survey of all the ERP vendors and choose the best the market for your organization!
- Technology – ERP software systems are the future of technology across the globe – make sure that your ERP platform has state-of-the-art advanced features and functionality to help your business attain its long-term objectives with ease! It is also important to understand how the technology of your potential ERP software suite will integrate with the current existing CRM and accounting systems of your organization. ERP software should be highly compatible and able to integrate with prevailing software systems to create a harmonious blend in a seamless manner!
- Customization- Every organization has a unique set of corporate needs and any ERP software that you get should be able to fulfil those specific requirements. Modern ERP software systems are fully customizable and can be molded to suit your diverse organizational requirements. It is not necessary to purchase the entire software suite, and managers can select the modules that they need to formulate a software package for their business model. Similarly, pricing can also be customized to fit within your organization’s budget- so make sure to personalize your ERP software to get the best results for your company!
- Service and Support Agreements- Purchasing an ERP software is a lifetime decision – make sure to get the proper vendor service agreements in place before finalizing your purchase! Your service provider should undertake any major repairs and have provision for data recovery, in case of any ERP malfunctioning, so that your organization does not lose important company information. Make sure that the ERP software vendors with cloud-based software product offerings own and manage their own personal data centers. Check if the vendor has a support helpline with on-call representatives who can solve unexpected problems or queries. It is essential to have a proper support system in place for the better long-term implementation of your ERP software with maximum results!
- Training and Resources – Making sure that your entire workforce gets onboard with the new ERP system and learns to implement the new software suite is very important for its usability! Assess your company’s IT training requirements with your ERP software vendor and discuss whether they have a dedicated training staff that can hold sessions for your managers. Your ERP software provider should be able to provide a well-orchestrated training program for your workforce that is flexible, holistic, and sufficient to meet their learning needs. Adequate training and software resources should also be provided for personnel holding key roles who will be utilizing the ERP software extensively. So get your training materials and resources in order to get the maximum benefit from your brand new ERP software system for USA companies and reap amazing advantages!
Buying ERP software is definitely not a decision to be taken lightly, and make sure you do not avoid these critical aspects before choosing the most suitable ERP software for your company.
The ERP software industry is on a boom and companies all over the world have started using diverse ERP packages as a potent business tool to increase overall revenue. A good ERP system has the capability to satisfy all company stakeholders, and ensure that organizational performance expectations are met satisfactorily.
So, go ahead and jump on the ERP bandwagon – it will surely be the most advantageous decision for your organization, and help you gain an immediate competitive advantage over your rivals for lifetime!
Chirantan Patel is the Product Manager at Software suggest & Callhippo, an Inc. 275 company that researches and analyzes hr software to educate, advise, and connect buyers and sellers of business technology.